Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1


TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 16
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#901

Post by TreyHouston » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:36 pm

WHY ARE WE STILL TALKING ABOUT HIM?
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 12
Posts: 8456
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#902

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:06 pm

TreyHouston wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:36 pm
WHY ARE WE STILL TALKING ABOUT HIM?
LOL... I have to admit to thinking the same. But he does have a way of saying some really dumb things to talk about.


Grayling813
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 13
Posts: 561
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:18 am

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#903

Post by Grayling813 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:14 pm

03Lightningrocks wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:06 pm
TreyHouston wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:36 pm
WHY ARE WE STILL TALKING ABOUT HIM?
LOL... I have to admit to thinking the same. But he does have a way of saying some really dumb things to talk about.
Irish Bob is the progressive socialist gift that keeps on giving. :biggrinjester:

Everybody Hates Beto And Wants Him To Shut Up About Taxes, Guns, And Churches
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/timothyme ... s-n2554591
Poor Robert Francis O'Rourke. He married into an uber wealthy family after having a financially well-off upbringing, is convinced that he was "born" to run in the 2020 election cycle, and was fawned over by national media in his 2018 Senate campaign against Ted Cruz. But still, he somehow finds himself to be a sad sack of a leftist whose colleagues wish would just shut his trap. Beto, as he likes to call himself in order to court the Hispanic vote, keeps letting the left's true desire slip out of his mouth. Whether he is talking about wanting to ban virtually all guns, or take away tax-exempt status for religious organizations, everybody just wants Beto (his Democratic opponents especially) to put a sock in it. But is it because he has nothing to say or because he's revealing the Democrats' goals?

User avatar

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 33
Posts: 25271
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#904

Post by The Annoyed Man » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:46 pm

Irish Bob O’Rourke has dropped out of the race.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politic ... ar-AAJIkfF
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.


philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 100
Posts: 9868
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#905

Post by philip964 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:50 pm

Because he made a fool of himself?

Because he is going to move to Venezuela and fix things?

Because he is going to California and fix things?

Oh please oh please.


Grayling813
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 13
Posts: 561
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:18 am

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#906

Post by Grayling813 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:53 pm

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:46 pm
Irish Bob O’Rourke has dropped out of the race.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politic ... ar-AAJIkfF
One less communist in the race.

Guess he has taken in enough money to last him until the next race he gets in.

User avatar

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 33
Posts: 25271
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#907

Post by The Annoyed Man » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:56 pm

Grayling813 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:53 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:46 pm
Irish Bob O’Rourke has dropped out of the race.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politic ... ar-AAJIkfF
One less communist in the race.

Guess he has taken in enough money to last him until the next race he gets in.
Per the article:
He is not expected to run for any other office in 2020, despite persistent efforts by party leaders and political donors to coax him into another bid for the Senate.
Of course, I’ll believe it when I see it.
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.


Redneck_Buddha
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 14
Posts: 1474
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:35 pm
Location: Little Elm, TX

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#908

Post by Redneck_Buddha » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:11 pm

So the hard-lefist, drunk driving, cross-dressing, spoiled rich-kid burglar couldn't cut it, eh? I can't imagine why! :roll:

Can't believe this clown even came close to unseating Cruz.

User avatar

Syntyr
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 1294
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:54 pm
Location: Houston
Contact:

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#909

Post by Syntyr » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:43 pm

Redneck_Buddha wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:11 pm
So the hard-lefist, drunk driving, cross-dressing, spoiled rich-kid burglar couldn't cut it, eh? I can't imagine why! :roll:

Can't believe this clown even came close to unseating Cruz.
Maybe he will go eat some dirt...
Syntyr
Happiness is two at low eight!

User avatar

joe817
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 9260
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 7:13 pm
Location: Arlington

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#910

Post by joe817 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:26 pm

What are you all talking about? He never stood a chance in Hades for what ever he was looking for. His garbage is toxic. Don't you see it? I PRAY that he runs for every national office he can scramble for. He only dilutes the remaining pool of those people who oppose the Constitution, as it is written, and I see that is a good thing!
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380


DevilDawg
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 316
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:53 pm

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#911

Post by DevilDawg » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:27 am

Just gonna leave this here
Attachments
E6B3B896-5879-4A1F-9BDD-A27F4ED84720.jpeg
E6B3B896-5879-4A1F-9BDD-A27F4ED84720.jpeg (11.63 KiB) Viewed 318 times

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 12
Posts: 8456
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#912

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:54 am

DevilDawg wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:27 am
Just gonna leave this here
We were never at any risk of that goober being elected. He spent 70 million dollars campaigning against Cruz and still lost.


TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 16
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#913

Post by TreyHouston » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:40 am

I wonder how much campaign money is in his pocket? I bet THATS the real reason he ran!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:


K.Mooneyham
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 2017
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:27 pm
Location: Vernon, Texas

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#914

Post by K.Mooneyham » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:15 pm

TreyHouston wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:40 am
I wonder how much campaign money is in his pocket? I bet THATS the real reason he ran!
I think that's why half of them run, they have zero intention of winning.

User avatar

J.R.@A&M
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 786
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:41 pm

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#915

Post by J.R.@A&M » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:05 pm

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:56 pm
Grayling813 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:53 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:46 pm
Irish Bob O’Rourke has dropped out of the race.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politic ... ar-AAJIkfF
One less communist in the race.

Guess he has taken in enough money to last him until the next race he gets in.
Per the article:
He is not expected to run for any other office in 2020, despite persistent efforts by party leaders and political donors to coax him into another bid for the Senate.
Of course, I’ll believe it when I see it.
I believe he is running for state office again. I base that on the fact that two years ago he was against gun confiscation, two months ago he was for it, and in the last week he has denied that he ever advocated it.
“[T]he liberties of the American people [are] dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country.” Life and Times of Frederick Douglass

Post Reply

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”