Flint, MI: security guard shot and killed over face mask request

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

oljames3
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Flint, MI: security guard shot and killed over face mask request

Post by oljames3 »

Grayling813 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:01 am I don't understand why people believe they have the right to question/police what others do legally.
:iagree: Sort of like questioning/policing how others choose to legally carry their self defense tools. My mother taught me better.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 5

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

striker55 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 8:19 am My wife questioned some people behind her in a HEB store because they didn't have masks on. They said they didn't have to wear them, it got a little heated. Manager was called and she was wearing a mask, my wife asked if it was a store policy to wear a mask. Manager said it was up to the customer, with her back to the people they were flipping my wife the bird.
I personally don't think it is appropriate to challenge a person one does not know in a public place. I don't wear a mask in stores and if someone ask me about it I would tell them to mind their own business. Challenging total strangers is also a good way to get into very uncomfortable confrontation. As your wife found out.

03Lightningrocks

oljames3 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 3:51 pm
Grayling813 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:01 am I don't understand why people believe they have the right to question/police what others do legally.
:iagree: Sort of like questioning/policing how others choose to legally carry their self defense tools. My mother taught me better.
:iagree:

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Grayling813 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 4:31 pm
I personally don't think it is appropriate to challenge a person one does not know in a public place. I don't wear a mask in stores and if someone ask me about it I would tell them to mind their own business. Challenging total strangers is also a good way to get into very uncomfortable confrontation. As your wife found out.
:iagree:

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Agreed. I also don't understand why people think a cloth muzzle will protect them or anyone else from an airborne virus 400 nanometers long.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Grayling813 »

ScottDLS wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:47 pm Agreed. I also don't understand why people think a cloth muzzle will protect them or anyone else from an airborne virus 400 nanometers long.
Because the magic screen told them so.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- A man accused of shooting a Michigan security guard in a dispute over wearing a face mask was captured 1,300 miles away in Houston earlier this week.

Larry Teague, 44, was arrested Thursday near a Studio 6 motel where he was staying in west Houston.

Genesee County authorities said Ramonyea Bishop, 23, was taken into custody in Michigan.
It does not please me that this guy came to Texas. :totap:

https://abc13.com/man-wanted-in-death-o ... n/6166116/
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

03Lightningrocks

Rafe wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 12:48 pm
HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- A man accused of shooting a Michigan security guard in a dispute over wearing a face mask was captured 1,300 miles away in Houston earlier this week.

Larry Teague, 44, was arrested Thursday near a Studio 6 motel where he was staying in west Houston.

Genesee County authorities said Ramonyea Bishop, 23, was taken into custody in Michigan.
It does not please me that this guy came to Texas. :totap:

https://abc13.com/man-wanted-in-death-o ... n/6166116/
Me neither but it does please me that they caught him before he killed someone else.

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

Grayling813 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:37 pm
ScottDLS wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:47 pm Agreed. I also don't understand why people think a cloth muzzle will protect them or anyone else from an airborne virus 400 nanometers long.
Because the magic screen told them so.
It doesn't. It stops the much larger droplets of lung goop which get coughed up and contain the 400nm virus.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”