How many of us will be renewing just after Sept 1?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

User avatar

74novaman
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 3742
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:36 am
Location: Temple, Republic of Texas
Contact:

Re: How many of us will be renewing just after Sept 1?

#76

Post by 74novaman » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:22 pm

geekwagun wrote:
Pecos wrote:I thought if your just renewing you just need to fill out the online form & pay the fee????
correct. you also mail in the bar code receipt after you pay.
I called today and was told that you can email it instead if you use the "upload documents" section of their website.

I took a screenshot of my email with the barcode and uploaded it as a .jpeg. We will see if that method works or not.
TANSTAAFL

User avatar

TexasFlash
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 291
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:09 pm
Location: Seguin

Re: How many of us will be renewing just after Sept 1?

#77

Post by TexasFlash » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:53 pm

74novaman wrote:
geekwagun wrote:
Pecos wrote:I thought if your just renewing you just need to fill out the online form & pay the fee????
correct. you also mail in the bar code receipt after you pay.
I called today and was told that you can email it instead if you use the "upload documents" section of their website.

I took a screenshot of my email with the barcode and uploaded it as a .jpeg. We will see if that method works or not.

this is what I did; applied 9/14 received in mailbox 10/1; you should be fine.
Dave :txflag:

User avatar

74novaman
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 3742
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:36 am
Location: Temple, Republic of Texas
Contact:

Re: How many of us will be renewing just after Sept 1?

#78

Post by 74novaman » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:54 pm

TexasFlash wrote:
this is what I did; applied 9/14 received in mailbox 10/1; you should be fine.
Dave :txflag:
Wow! That is quick.

Which is good because I got distracted and didn't take care of this until about a month and a half before mine expired. :oops:

Fingers crossed mine comes as quickly.
TANSTAAFL


eureka40
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 676
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 5:02 pm
Location: Pflugerville

Re: How many of us will be renewing just after Sept 1?

#79

Post by eureka40 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:22 pm

TexasFlash wrote:
74novaman wrote:
geekwagun wrote:
Pecos wrote:I thought if your just renewing you just need to fill out the online form & pay the fee????
correct. you also mail in the bar code receipt after you pay.
I called today and was told that you can email it instead if you use the "upload documents" section of their website.

I took a screenshot of my email with the barcode and uploaded it as a .jpeg. We will see if that method works or not.

this is what I did; applied 9/14 received in mailbox 10/1; you should be fine.
Dave :txflag:
I just converted the email into a pdf file, uploaded it, and sent it back from their contact page.

Only DOCs, PDFs, JPEGs, GIFs files are allowed.

The whole renewal process was very easy and it only took less than an hour to wrap it up.

Nice job DPS!!
TSRA Life Memeber

User avatar

5thGenTexan
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:04 pm
Location: Fort Worth

Re: How many of us will be renewing just after Sept 1?

#80

Post by 5thGenTexan » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:54 pm

Yep worked like a champ, submitted aplication on 9/10, found out about the upload on 9/12 submitted and had new plastic on 9/27 five days to spare on my expiration. If all things to do with the state were that clean and easy....

:txflag:
5th Generation Texan
"Republicrats and Demicans, it ain't no surprise,
Got their hands full of gimme, they got their mouths full of lies."


rocinante
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 11
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:26 pm

Re: How many of us will be renewing just after Sept 1?

#81

Post by rocinante » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:18 am

My renewal application finally switched to "in manufacturing" on Monday and "mailed" today. In summary, I applied way back in the spring, mailed the form on 9/6 and the web site switched to "received" that same day (suggesting to me they don't really care about the form). It took a bit longer than a for number of people, but still quick by old standards.


marktx
Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:10 pm
Location: League City TX

Re: How many of us will be renewing just after Sept 1?

#82

Post by marktx » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:12 pm

roconate when did yours expire. Mine did 8/31 and I did what you did and received license over a week ago.


rocinante
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 11
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:26 pm

Re: How many of us will be renewing just after Sept 1?

#83

Post by rocinante » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:15 pm

marktx wrote:roconate when did yours expire. Mine did 8/31 and I did what you did and received license over a week ago.
Mine expired mid September.


ralewis
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:37 pm

Re: How many of us will be renewing just after Sept 1?

#84

Post by ralewis » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:19 pm

You have to mail in the bar code receipt?

User avatar

74novaman
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 3742
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:36 am
Location: Temple, Republic of Texas
Contact:

Re: How many of us will be renewing just after Sept 1?

#85

Post by 74novaman » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:23 pm

ralewis wrote:You have to mail in the bar code receipt?

I emailed mine and my application is now on background check. :thumbs2:
TANSTAAFL


ralewis
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:37 pm

Re: How many of us will be renewing just after Sept 1?

#86

Post by ralewis » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:30 pm

74novaman wrote:
ralewis wrote:You have to mail in the bar code receipt?

I emailed mine and my application is now on background check. :thumbs2:
Well, i did that just now. We'll see. I applied on 11 Sept. Still says waiting for required information.

User avatar

74novaman
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 3742
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:36 am
Location: Temple, Republic of Texas
Contact:

Re: How many of us will be renewing just after Sept 1?

#87

Post by 74novaman » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:41 pm

ralewis wrote: Well, i did that just now. We'll see. I applied on 11 Sept. Still says waiting for required information.
I had to go check the waiting room to see what my timeline was so far.

10/2 submitted renewal application
10/3 Emailed barcode confirmation
10/9 Status changed to "materials received" and background check underway.

4 Business days to process an email. Pretty good for government work, I'd say. :smilelol5:
TANSTAAFL


ralewis
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:37 pm

Re: How many of us will be renewing just after Sept 1?

#88

Post by ralewis » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:35 pm

74novaman wrote:
ralewis wrote: Well, i did that just now. We'll see. I applied on 11 Sept. Still says waiting for required information.
I had to go check the waiting room to see what my timeline was so far.

10/2 submitted renewal application
10/3 Emailed barcode confirmation
10/9 Status changed to "materials received" and background check underway.

4 Business days to process an email. Pretty good for government work, I'd say. :smilelol5:
I still can't believe emailing the bar code confirmation was required. I did it because i've seen enough folks say they did. But it just seems ridiculous to have to send confirmation of application to the folks you submitted an application to.

User avatar

74novaman
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 3742
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:36 am
Location: Temple, Republic of Texas
Contact:

Re: How many of us will be renewing just after Sept 1?

#89

Post by 74novaman » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:20 pm

ralewis wrote: I still can't believe emailing the bar code confirmation was required. I did it because i've seen enough folks say they did. But it just seems ridiculous to have to send confirmation of application to the folks you submitted an application to.
I agree, but it's possible that they contract out the online secure payment system and DPS doesn't deal with actual money so they need verification. Who knows.
TANSTAAFL


rocinante
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 11
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:26 pm

Re: How many of us will be renewing just after Sept 1?

#90

Post by rocinante » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:27 am

I still have my doubts whether they really care about the mailed in form. I sent mine via snail mail, and my application transitioned to received the same day. I seriously doubt the USPS has suddenly become that efficient :-)

Post Reply

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”