Albertsons goes the way of Walmart

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

User avatar

Topic author
troglodyte
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1177
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:16 pm
Location: Hockley County
Contact:

Albertsons goes the way of Walmart

#1

Post by troglodyte » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:55 pm

Because we all know feelings will keep us safe.

We want our stores to feel safe & welcoming for all,


https://www.foxnews.com/us/albertsons-j ... gun-policy
Talon Firearms Training
License To Carry Instructor
School Safety Instructor
NRA Instructor - Basic pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home.

User avatar

narcissist
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 478
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:09 am

Re: Albertsons goes the way of Walmart

#2

Post by narcissist » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:03 pm

It's a sad situation with every store giving in to stupidity, at least thats another store I can check off the list. Even in the small town which I reside you can see fear in people's eyes while open carrying a pistol, one day they may make it illegal once again to open carry? Hope not
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

User avatar

Oldgringo
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 11077
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:15 pm
Location: Pineywoods of east Texas

Re: Albertsons goes the way of Walmart

#3

Post by Oldgringo » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:05 pm

OC serves what purpose?

User avatar

Texas_Blaze
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 392
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:55 pm

Re: Albertsons goes the way of Walmart

#4

Post by Texas_Blaze » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:07 pm

They still have stores?

User avatar

thatguyoverthere
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 436
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:51 pm
Location: Fannin County

Re: Albertsons goes the way of Walmart

#5

Post by thatguyoverthere » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:46 pm

Notice in the linked article it includes a tweet from CVS stating "do not bring firearms into our stores." Doesn't say "not open carried firearms" it says "no firearms."

So there's that...


cirus
Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 182
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:33 pm

Re: Albertsons goes the way of Walmart

#6

Post by cirus » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:58 pm

Oldgringo wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:05 pm
OC serves what purpose?
Don't know that it serves a purpose. It's just a choice. I've never open carried and never will. I have no problem with it if your the type of person that always tucks your shirt in, and I know some like that. But if you start tucking in just to open carry and show off that it irritates me. I hate a show off. I'm always untucked unless at a wedding or some function that demands it. If I'm untucked I'm carrying which is 99% of the time.


srothstein
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:27 pm
Location: Luling, TX

Re: Albertsons goes the way of Walmart

#7

Post by srothstein » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:28 pm

Oldgringo wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:05 pm
OC serves what purpose?
It serves the purpose of allowing me to leave my vest off for a few minutes while making a quick trip. I always carry OWB on my right hip due to too many years of experience reaching there for my firearm. For work and school, where I am not allowed to OC, I wear a vest to cover my weapon. OC allows me to not grab my vest when I run to the store or go to lunch.

It also allows everyone who carries concealed to not worry about if the wind blows their jacket open or if they are printing. I know the law allowed that by requiring an intentional display to be illegal, but we all know of people who were stopped or hassled because of an unintentional display. This problem was solved by allowing OC.
Steve Rothstein


cirus
Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 182
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:33 pm

Re: Albertsons goes the way of Walmart

#8

Post by cirus » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:36 pm

:iagree:
srothstein wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:28 pm
Oldgringo wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:05 pm
OC serves what purpose?
It serves the purpose of allowing me to leave my vest off for a few minutes while making a quick trip. I always carry OWB on my right hip due to too many years of experience reaching there for my firearm. For work and school, where I am not allowed to OC, I wear a vest to cover my weapon. OC allows me to not grab my vest when I run to the store or go to lunch.

It also allows everyone who carries concealed to not worry about if the wind blows their jacket open or if they are printing. I know the law allowed that by requiring an intentional display to be illegal, but we all know of people who were stopped or hassled because of an unintentional display. This problem was solved by allowing OC.
:iagree:

User avatar

oljames3
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 3246
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:21 pm
Location: Elgin, Texas
Contact:

Re: Albertsons goes the way of Walmart

#9

Post by oljames3 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:57 pm

cirus wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:36 pm
:iagree:
srothstein wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:28 pm
Oldgringo wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:05 pm
OC serves what purpose?
It serves the purpose of allowing me to leave my vest off for a few minutes while making a quick trip. I always carry OWB on my right hip due to too many years of experience reaching there for my firearm. For work and school, where I am not allowed to OC, I wear a vest to cover my weapon. OC allows me to not grab my vest when I run to the store or go to lunch.

It also allows everyone who carries concealed to not worry about if the wind blows their jacket open or if they are printing. I know the law allowed that by requiring an intentional display to be illegal, but we all know of people who were stopped or hassled because of an unintentional display. This problem was solved by allowing OC.
:iagree:
And, simply, carrying openly works best for me. You do you and I will do me. Seems to me that making public and derisive comments about personal choices is both rude and counterproductive.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA Distinguished Life Member (Disabled Vet), TSRA, NAR L1

User avatar

anygunanywhere
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 7414
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:16 am
Location: La Grange, Texas

Re: Albertsons goes the way of Walmart

#10

Post by anygunanywhere » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:58 pm

Oldgringo wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:05 pm
OC serves what purpose?
OC didn’t cause this mess so please stop insinuating that it did. We all know you are not a fan of OC but it is a part of our RKBA and in some places it is an acceptable means and not an issue. You are surrendering your self to the lefty tyrants when you criticize something normal.
"The Second Amendment is absolute...If we refuse infringement to our Right to Keep and Bear Arms, as protected by the Second Amendment, we will never be burdened by tyranny, dictatorship, or subjugation - other than to bury those who attempt it. B.E.Wood

User avatar

ScottDLS
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 4666
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:04 am
Location: DFW Area, TX

Re: Albertsons goes the way of Walmart

#11

Post by ScottDLS » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:08 pm

Oldgringo wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:05 pm
OC serves what purpose?
Why do people want to sneak around with hidden guns? Seems like something criminals do. Why are you trying to hide that you're armed? If it is legal to carry unconcealed or partially concealed, then that seems like the more honest thing to do, rather than hiding and concealing weapons. ;-)
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"


crazy2medic
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1670
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:59 am

Re: Albertsons goes the way of Walmart

#12

Post by crazy2medic » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:04 pm

ScottDLS wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:08 pm
Oldgringo wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:05 pm
OC serves what purpose?
Why do people want to sneak around with hidden guns? Seems like something criminals do. Why are you trying to hide that you're armed? If it is legal to carry unconcealed or partially concealed, then that seems like the more honest thing to do, rather than hiding and concealing weapons. ;-)
I open carry 1. Because I can
2. Because it infinitely more comfortable
3. Because it makes the gun accessible without have to clear the covering garment.
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention

User avatar

Oldgringo
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 11077
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:15 pm
Location: Pineywoods of east Texas

Re: Albertsons goes the way of Walmart

#13

Post by Oldgringo » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:34 pm

anygunanywhere wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:58 pm
Oldgringo wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:05 pm
OC serves what purpose?
OC didn’t cause this mess so please stop insinuating that it did. We all know you are not a fan of OC but it is a part of our RKBA and in some places it is an acceptable means and not an issue. You are surrendering your self to the lefty tyrants when you criticize something normal.
:iagree:, "in some places it is an acceptable means and not an issue." Acceptable places are not; IMO, shopping areas, religious houses, sporting events, weddings, Hooters, schools, and other public gathering places. I have OC'd in Glacier NP, Rocky Mountain NP, Estes Park, CO, and other remote places in Montana, Colorado, and Wyoming just to see what it feels like. In a couple of those legal OC areas, I was asked, "what's with the gun"? I had no real answer.

You're right, OC just ain't my thing. Furthermore, in the current widespread, anti-gun atmosphere, I firmly feel that we 2A believer gun owners should not taunt our opposition with our 1791AD Second Amendment rights. There's a lot more of them than there are of us. "....out of sight, out of mind", if you get my drift?


Chaparral
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:57 pm

Re: Albertsons goes the way of Walmart

#14

Post by Chaparral » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:09 pm

Oldgringo wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:05 pm

You're right, OC just ain't my thing. Furthermore, in the current widespread, anti-gun atmosphere, I firmly feel that we 2A believer gun owners should not taunt our opposition with our 1791AD Second Amendment rights. There's a lot more of them than there are of us. "....out of sight, out of mind", if you get my drift?
The voice of wisdom.

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 8466
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Albertsons goes the way of Walmart

#15

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:21 pm

Chaparral wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:09 pm
Oldgringo wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:05 pm

You're right, OC just ain't my thing. Furthermore, in the current widespread, anti-gun atmosphere, I firmly feel that we 2A believer gun owners should not taunt our opposition with our 1791AD Second Amendment rights. There's a lot more of them than there are of us. "....out of sight, out of mind", if you get my drift?
The voice of wisdom.
:iagree:

Post Reply

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”